- Mizoram Council of Science, Technology & Environment organized State level Seminar on the theme ‘Fostering Scientific Temper’ in collaboration with Mizo Academy of Sciences (MAS) on 3rd October 2014 at Central YMA Hall Tuikhuahtlang, Aizawl, Mizoram. Dr Lalrokima Chenkual, Associate Professor, Administrative Training Institute of Mizoram and Mr. Ramhluna Hnamte, Joint Directors, Higher & Technical Education, Govt. of Mizoram presented paper.
- National Technology Day 2015 was celebrated at Mizoram Science Centre, Aizawl
- Observation of
International Year of Light 2015 programme was held at Mizoram Science Centre, Berawtlang, Aizawl on Nov 13, 2015
- State Level Workshop on 'Science for Nation Building' was organised at Pachhunga University College in collaboration with Mizoram Science Society.
- 2nd Mizoram Mathematics Congress was organised at Pachhunga University College in collaboration with Mizoram Mathematics Society & Department of Mathematics, PUC.
- State Level Seminar on Science for Nation building was organised at Synod Conference Centre in collaboration with Mizo Academy of Sciences.
- National Mathematics Day 2015 was celebrated at I&PR auditorium in collaboration with Mizoram Mathematics Society.
- Three local innovators from Mizoram nominated by S&T participated in the Regional Innovation Festival held at Regional Science Centre, Guwahati during February 6-7, 2016.
- For sensitizing High School Science teachers to enable them impart an enjoyable and effective way of communicating science amongst the student, “Sensitization Workshop on Basic Sciences” was organized at three district headquarters. The programme was organised at Mizoram Science Centre, Aizawl on 28.01.2016 for Aizawl and Mamit District; Serchhip on 2.2.2016 and Lunglei on 4.2.2016.
- Mathematics Summer Camp was organised at Pachhunga University College in collaboration with Mizoram Mathematics Society.
- A Brainstorming Session-cum- Interactive Meeting on Biotech Initiatives in Mizoram was organised on 13th June, 2016 at Secretariat Conference Hall, Aizawl in collaboration with Department of Biotechnology, Govt. of India to discuss on various issues and problems and chalk out action points that could be addressed through biotechnology intervention. The Inaugural programme was chaired by Dr. C. Vanlalramsanga, Secretary, Planning and it was graced by the Chief Guest, Pu Lal Thanhawla, Hon’ble Chief Minister along with Pu H. Liansailova, Hon’ble Vice Chairman, State Planning Board, Pu K.S. Thanga, Hon’ble Parliamentary Secretary and Pu Ronald Sapa Tlau, Hon’ble MP (Rajya Sabha). Officials from Department of Biotechnology, Govt. of India such as Dr. Mohd. Aslam (Adviser), Prof. Dinabandhu Sahoo (Director, IBSD), Dr. Sunil Kumar Mukherjee (Consultant), Dr. Sanjay Kumar (Director, CSIR-IHBT, Palampur), Dr. Onkar Tiwari (Principal Scientific Officer, DBT) and Dr. Albert Chiang (Scientific Secretary to IBSD Director) shared their expertise and guided the meeting for the whole day.
- The 1st Cherry Blossom Avenue in Mizoram was inaugurated by Pu Lal Thanhawla, Hon’ble Chief Minister of Mizoram on 26th July, 2016 at Mizoram Secretariat Complex, Khatla, Aizawl. Saplings of the tree was planted by dignitaries on the same day. The programme was initiated in collaboration with Institute of Bioresources & Sustainable development (IBSD), Imphal and was chaired by Pu Lalramthanga, Principal Secretary. The presence of Pu Lalsawta, Minister, Planning (Science & Technology), Pu H. Liansailova, Vice Chairman, State Planning Board and Prof. Dinabandhu Sahoo, Director, IBSD added flavour to the success of the event.
- Mizoram Science Congress 2016 was held at Mizoram University during October 13-14, 2016.
- The new building of the Directorate of Science & Technology at Mizoram Secretariat Complex, Khatla, Aizawl was inaugurated by the Hon'ble Chief Minister on 19th October, 2016. On the same day Science & Technology Exhibition was organised at the new building. The new building is occupied by the staff of the Directorate, MISTIC and MIRSAC.