Objectives and Functions
The objectives and functions of the Council are as follows :
- To identify areas in which Science, Technology and Innovation can be utilized for the achievement of the Socio-Economic objective of Mizoram and in particular, its objectives of tackling the problems of backwardness, unemployment and poverty, and of addressing itself to the problems of rural areas, and under-privileged section of the society.
- To advise and support the State Government on policies and measures necessary to promote Science, Technology and Innovation for achievement of Socio-Economic objectives.
- To initiate, support, promote and co-ordinate preferably by establishing networks, such researched design and development projects and programmes, including demonstration projects, as are likely to be relevant to the specific objectives, problems surveys and optimum utilization of natural resources of the state.
- To prepare, or assist in preparation of science and technology plans and innovation roadmap for the state.
- To advise the government on policies and measures relating to the development and deployment of science & technology man power resources.
- To promote the popularization of science, environmental awareness and spread of a scientific temper and attitude among the people of the state.
- To supplement and compliment the ongoing technical efforts of the state government.
- To interact with other state and National Science & Technology bodies having similar or related objectives and help create an innovation eco-system.
- To identify priority areas of Science, Technology and Environment needed for long term development of the state.
- If essential, to establish or to assist in the establishment of the infrastructures, in institutions, organizations etc. necessary to achieve the foresaid objectives.
- To accept donations, raise subscriptions and receive grants, loans and subsidies from Government of India, Government of Mizoram and other supporting agencies in India and abroad, and to invest the resources towards the achievement of the objectives of the Council.
- To take any other steps which are relevant to the application of Science & Technology for the state of Mizoram.
- To identify and encourage young talents in local universities, colleges, Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises (MSME), R&D Institutes and reward talents in innovation and disseminate success stories.
- To organize seminars, lectures, workshops on innovation and create State innovation portal.